happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

chemical dependency in the best possible light.

facebook has been littered with grateful status updates, gratitude in general.  i've been having no part of it.  just not my thing.  i prefer to take everything for granted with a royal sense of entitlement.  right.

Today I am thankful for Jessica, although most likely a one day client, for choosing Mark of Excellence for her spiral perm.  On a day that was otherwise open.  I failed to get her address to thank her for her business, at a time when it is most needed, but I appreciate her generosity.  This may be one of the first times I have been thankful for the opportunity to give a perm. 

I am thankful to Stephanie, my wonderfully faithful raving fan, always adorable, consistantly tear jerking, perfectly spontaneous client for her wonderful spirit, sharing parts of her life story with me (and allowing me to share about my own life), for coming in for a Do today, and for reminding me about rotisserie chicken.  We had it for supper tonight! Happy celebrating T's b-day, but especially celebrating Eau Claire. *wink*

MOE always jokes about loving when women are chemically dependent...5 weeks til Christmas week...how is your color, ladies?

7 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Not that great. Thanks for asking. ;)

After your posts about clients .. I was DETERMINED to visit my stylist twice before the year ended - for a cut and for a color. Have I done either? No. And since my last cut (and last set of highlights) was in mid-May, you can imagine how the first item is needed. On the bright side, my hair is long again, LOL. An un-often-mentioned perk to not cutting it regularly. BUT - I did fan her salon on Facebook. Just as good, right? *she giggles*

Joni said...

I love your take on chemical dependancy. I have been fighting off the pull for years, and I think that just because I haven't succommed (sp?) literally I am still dependant on the idea of it all. When I have the dough...

ethiopifinn said...

you two crack me up!
that is a major perk, Lib!
if either of you lived here and were my client, i'd totally be sending some handwritten notes with discounts galore ;)

Julie said...

Okay, I finally 'got' the title of your post about half an hour after reading it, midway through a piece of pizza for supper. It cracked me up as much as your post! You are too funny. :)

And my color? Terrible. :P

Jen H. said...

I think a foreign roommate once described the color of my hair as "mousey". Unfortunately, she was completely right, and it wasn't that she was struggling with the English language! Oh well...it will be completely gray soon enough.

MindiJo said...

Chemical dependency. *grin* Cute. I love it. When I read the title, I thought "This is gonna be deep." Ha. Perfect.

Leanne said...

One time, an older woman from the Phx congregation when I was living there dyed her hair and it turned a crazy color. She pronounced loudly, "My husband said this would happen if I took to the bottle!" :D