happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Listen and Win

My kids are starting to really talk to each other.  It amazes me.  Its not just yelling or fighting over toys, they are having little bite size convos.  I noticed it earlier this week.  They were in their carseats, I was putting stuff in the trunk, and when I got into the car I heard Theo explaining something to Suvi, she was responding in her 19 month way.  Just now, with my back to them, I heard Suvi asking Theo "Where is Daddy (then going through the list: Gramma, Auntie, Mommy)?" Brother's response was "At work, at work, she is at work too, Mommy is over there working on the computer."  But I don't know, is Facebook "work"?

Last night I was still hoping my husband would change his mind about "disconnecting."  But he thinks I will still have opportunity to go online.  With the noise level around here, we really don't get much out of watching the tube--we watch the news every night, but cannot hear a thing.  Seriously, Saturday night we watch a kid movie with the kids.  Once in a while we stay up to see SNL, but we are usually too tired to stay awake.  We don't need to pay the cable company to watch the local channels anyway...  It is funny that even this change that will save us almost a hundred bucks a month makes me nervous.  HMPH.

 It is my opinion that cable companies and cell phone companies are legalized mafia, shake-down, over-priced, piles of poor service providers.  Seriously, I am fed up with feeling trapped by service providers.  Can you imagine if you had to pay me, as your hair dresser, a monthly fee, regardless of how often you wanted to have your hair done, and if your hair grew more one month than usual, you would have to pay me nearly double?  And what about the difficult to imagine but nonetheless necessary for this illustration scenario when you are not happy with your hair, my service?  What if you had to pay $200 to get out of your hair contract, in order to see another stylist?  This would never happen.  People would cut their own hair and turn to the bottle at home.  We would not accept these terms, like cell phone companies have, and even the cable company. 

For the first time in 10 years I had a big problem with my cell provider.  I called 2 times and talked to 2 or 3 people both times, and actually hung up the phone in disgust both times.  I bend over backwards to help my faithful clients.  Sometimes I do hair for free, because it is very important to me to keep my clients happy, with healthy hair.  Sometimes people are broke, or desperate, or in a tough place emotionally.  I know that if I can help them, we both feel good, and to be honest, it is better for my business in the long run.  What has 10 years with Poop-Mobile earned me with the company?  Bitchy customer service, and an unbending staff.  You know what?  I freaking heard you say that is your policy, lady, but I am telling you it is not acceptable.  Repeating yourself does not change the outcome of my call.  I would absolutely leave this company, but we are in a stinking contract until February 2011, and cancelling would cost $600, as we have 3 stinkin' lines.  I don't plan on ever making my clients feel trapped by their decision to hire me.  Crappy kakka balls.

Sorry 'bout that.  Just been infuriating me.  See, I really need to blog.
In other news, it is yogurt time around here.  Much more enjoyable!
Love up this nice weather and the weekend!

4 comments:

MindiJo said...

Good point. It's crazy how much money they suck away from me every month. You know what the dumbest part about cell phones is? You have to buy a new one every few years because they don't last. That's ridiculous. And they cost an obscene amount of money.

Jen H. said...

I am with you babe. Just the other day I was on the line with customer service for a big company. At the end of the conversation she asked me to rate our conversation. Apparently, she thought her broken English (and my unresolved problem) deserved her higher than a 3! humphhhhhhhhh

Elizabeth Halt said...

that is infuriating. argh. so sorry.

i had a problem with my service when i started because i signed up for something (internet access via cell) and then decided to cancel it. every month, there it would show up on my bill again. every month, i would call and tell them about all the previous times i'd call and they'd tell me that it was really gone. finally, i got a most helpful guy who said that he would do whatever it took to get it gone for me. come to think of it, i wish i had gotten (ah, remembered) his name and sent a thank you.

i tried to cancel basic cable a while back - when i got rid of my tv. as it turns out, basic cable is $9, and my internet service is $10 cheaper because i have cable too, so my bill would've gone up if i cancelled. annoying, much.

Cheryl said...

The way you put it, comparing cell phones to hair cuts - I LOVE IT! Just think, hair stylists could get rich by giving bad haircuts, and then collecting on the broken contracts! he he