happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

salty dog and eucalyptus

I am quite sure everyone is concerned with the progression of my cold.  It is riveting news, after all.  Friday we took a little drive into the City for injera and since we were so close, we stopped at the Seward Co op.  If you are familiar with the area, it used to be in a nice little spot across from the establishment where I first laid eyes on Habtamu, The Blue Nile.  Now the co op is in a bigger space just a block away from our first apartment--we lived there for a year.  I loved living in that neighborhood, we had a lot of fun, with the exception of the mice that moved in a couple months before we moved to our house.  We were just off the river road, so close to Downtown, Uptown, the U, and plenty of great little shops and restaurants in our neighborhood.  I miss it.  It is quieter here in The Park, though, and I guess safer, tho' we didn't run into too much trouble living in the city. 

I love looking around the Co op...so many fun and yummy things.  This is what I came out with, after about 5 minutes--H and the babes were waiting in the car.  See, I went in with the premise of purchasing eucalyptus oil.  I found it immediately with help from the lovely Seward Co op lady.  And because that job went so quickly, it seemed only right to search out some candy for my patient family.  What a haul!!!
cocolate covered mulberries, gummy bears, panda licorice, Salty dog Chocolate (butter toffee pieces in 70% dark chocolate with sea salt), Yogi tea and the eucalyptus oil. plus peppermint oil for good measure.

from under the towel

me, the hot bowl of water with a few drops of oil, and a cuppa tea
it is working!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

You tried it!

You do it way better than I. I am too lazy to go upstairs, so I use the tiny hand towel, which let me just say, is barely larger than my head. Don't think I get the full affect there ..

The candy was a wise choice. Except for the Panda. (Unless it's raspberry flavored Panda - I am rather partial to that stuff.)

So glad you are feeling slightly better!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oops .. effect. For some reason, I thought I was writing a verb. Bother that.

ethiopifinn said...

;)

and the salty dog chocolate is soooooo good. i usually like milk chocolate, but this time i'm glad i took the chance on dark.

Joni said...

did you get those towels for a wedding gift? from E.R. maybe - I finally had to retire mine, I loved them! I've been wanting some Eucalyptise (can't bother w/finding the spelling right now) oil for the sauna water...love the pictures.

Jen H. said...

you are making me hungry!!

Jan said...

The salty dog sounds so yum! I gotta try one...