happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm sort of confused.

There is some battle happening on fb. One woman posted photos of her toned bod post kids, asking, "what is your excuse?" In response, many people have shamed her for sharing her perspective, her values. Today I saw yet another response rebuking this fit Mom, with a photo of her self, naked, soft, but not obese, body.

I just want to understand these women. The second is judging the first for wanting to push women to push themselves. The second woman felt judged by the first. You know what, Ladies? If you are feeling judged, you are exposing/protesting the wrong part of your body. 
If you perceive judgement, it is your brain that needs flexing. Why do you want to correct or hold yourself apart? It is trivial to me, who has been morbidly obese for the past 10 years. I don't make excuses; I don't make healthy choices. Do I get down about my cankles and my hanging belly? Yes. Do you, who gets out for walks every day & does not have a compulsion to eat fast food MAKE me feel bad? No. You might judge me, but that's your business. I totally judge fat people, too, but just in my head. Because we understand our weakness is visible to everybody. I am vain, too. I take selfies- just from the elbow up!

I hope to choose kindness. I hope to choose love. I hope to be generous. In my words, thoughts, and in my deeds. You know, Jesus was born in a lowly stable, amongst the animals. Maybe we can choose to set aside our pride, be gracious and grateful, and enjoy this beautiful season of love! Let's do!

 

Fit, Flabby, or Fatty- Merry Christmas to you!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all had a merry Christmas!

-B