happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Time to take my temperature

Over the years, I've used this place to share my struggles with depression and anxiety. Today, as I was washing the tray on my dish drain, I realized, "hey, I'm washing this thing because I noticed it needed washing!"
You know, that kind of every-day thing was so difficult even 2 years ago. We had a clear dish drain tray. It had a lot of build up from our hard water. My husband wanted to pick up a new one, but I put up a big fuss. I did NOT WANT a new one. And I really couldn't keep the one we had clean anymore. I was emotionally attached to the dish drain tray. THE DISH DRAIN TRAY, you guys. Eventually I got a new, white tray. I clean it on a regular basis. And by 'regular' I mean quarterly.
I'm still a terr'ble house keeper. 
Thankful for regular, for quarterly, for walking out of the fog.

No comments: