happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Day.

I might not be able to get it right with my clients on occasion. I might be direct, when others like to take the scenic route to express themselves. I might make people mad now and then. I might like to shed 100 pounds. I might like to color my hair and wear mascara. I might not have everybody like me all the time. I might not be perfect.

There is sweet perfection in sitting under the April sun, light breeze stirring up last year's fallen leaves, neighbor's plastic wrapped giant stuffed animal swaying on the clothes line, hearing my son ask about the sounds he is hearing: birds, truck backing up, more birds, wind in the trees. Perfection in his discovery, in the dirt under his nails, the brown grass on his pants from sitting in the tiny flower garden burying his car in the dry ground. Peanuts and food in general are such a force of worry when it comes to Theo's health, but he can run in the yard, see the new shoots of plants there, he can hear the birds chirping, feel the wind on his head, dig in the dirt, sample a rock, spit it out, tell me what he is doing, and ask about his world. His sister sleeps inside, recharging for an afternoon of chasing her brother.

These two children are so much bigger than my imperfections, so much brighter, so needed for perspective.

14 comments:

Lorz said...

You have such a way with words. Thanks for sharing. :) April springtime is perfect and wonderful, isn't it? -happy sigh-

Elizabeth Halt said...

so true.

a very happy day.

Anne H said...

Spring is the BEST. I remember when my kids were little and when the first nice days came. I would LOVE looking out the back window at them playing OUTSIDE and just listen to the QUIET in the house! And when they were your kids age, everything outside is so new!! Enjoy them!

Joni said...

II Corinthians 12:9 - I enjoyed your entry Jenny. You paint such a vivid picture!

Anonymous said...

spring is fun for little inquiring 2 yr-old boys. A whole new world!

Bette

Leanne said...

*Happy Sigh*

Paragraph 1: None of those are imperfections. They're just statements of YOU. And God made YOU, Jenny, exactly like He wanted. He did it perfectly.

Muah.

Jan said...

perspective is good.

Our issues about ourselves are so small compared to the big picture, hey?

ethiopifinn said...

lj, e, ah, b:yes!
jv, :)
l & j: i heard again after the family gathering that my sisters do not find me perfect; it was bothering me til i was able to sit with Theo in the cleansing sunshine. well, not that they don't find me perfect but that they get mad at me.
brats. lol

MindiJo said...

Well. Family will do that. I know I make mine mad. They make me mad. But we still love each other. Just like you love yours and they love you.

I think, as long as you make you happy- then your good. And I'm sure those two beautiful babes that appear on your blog think you are better than perfect right now. Not to mention your hubinator.

Our imperfections make us human and give us character. Blog more. Or else write a book.

ethiopifinn said...

mindi, you are awesome.

Jan said...

Jenny dear.
Let me tell you from my experiences that us little sisters will never have it right. Never have, never will. We are never as wise as our elders.
It will be that way until they are in the nursing home and we are not. Maybe then we'll have something going for us. One of the better parts of my ladies weekend is that the originals are getting really watered down by in-laws, especially neice-in-laws. They make us a better bunch all around.

So don't let those sisters get you down.
They are mad because you are not just like them, or else you are too much like them. You are not going to win!!!!LOL

and that's my advice.

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I love being outside again, too. And, I especially love that it's about the safest place for a dear sweet Peanut Allergic child! We can, momentarily, forget about those worries while we're outside in the yard.

ethiopifinn said...

II Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Emily said...

How beautiful ellin - just like you! You have a gift of painting pictures in our heads. What a peace-giving Bible verse. Also, I feel like I will always be the little sister.