happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

That is Finn and Monica back there.


Last week at the park we met that lady and her sweet boy.  He's 8 months old and I thought it was so cute she brought him to the park and was showing him all the stuff.  Very friendly woman, which didn't feel very familiar to me...usually the other parents at the park are annoyingly nerdy or something.  Anyhoo... It was fun.   And I have long adored the name Finn, but felt like I couldn't name my boy that due to my heritage, like the Finns would misinterpret his Irish name.  Maybe I still will someday.  So just don't tell me you like that name because I said it first and I have dibs.

This little climber is so Queen of the Castle.  She is just beaming!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT NAME!!! and I am not in any position to name-steal anymore. But if I could.......just kidding. You know I'm nice and wouldn't do that.

-B

Anonymous said...

i, too, have liked the name Finn (so youse better hurr up chickie)
haha
~ann b.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I love the name Finn. I love Irish names in general. But there will be no children coming from between these hips .. and I wouldn't name a dog Finn .. so you're safe from me. ;-p

ethiopifinn said...

b and ann.
you twos are total stinkers!
i love that about you both!
and annu, i'm giving it all i've got. eew. bahahahahahaha...!

ethiopifinn said...

elizabeth, i new i could count on your hips not making way for Finn. I'm thinking saucy thoughts which I will not share...lol!

Julie L said...

I love that name!! I was just telling Den last night that I really like the name Finn-- he said he did as well but then we laughed because the poor kid's name would be Finn Laakso..

ethiopifinn said...

Julie, I love it! It would be so cute :)

mella said...

Sweet, I think it's so good to talk to 'strangers' - or maybe friends we hadn't met yet...

In Sandra Barbara one of my fave guests was named Claire (yes, British). They were relocating so ended up staying for quite a while, and she had the cutest little toddler boy named Finn. Cute as a bugs ear!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Finn Laakso. I love it!