happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Friday, September 25, 2009

when you're green you are growing...

when you are ripe you rot.


Thank you all for the support and suggestions.  But, I have decided to retire from the salon. NOT.  I just wanted to see what that felt like.  A time like this (last night it dawned on me that September IS ALWAYS slower, but with people spacing things out a little further, the books look even thinner), I do realize it is not a good idea to make that kind of decision.  Because when I am busy, I am so happy.  Probably I need to have a little sit down with MOE, and tell him my worries seriously.  I just make comments about it all, dripping with sarcasm or tight with hope.  And with your support, I have come up with a little promotion for the holidays.  I am going to offer a travel size of my favorite hairspray or shampoo with the purchase of a gift certificate.  We have a referral program, but I need to send out cards reminding my loyal fanatics to send in their mechanics and hygienists, and maybe change the offer.  Right now our offer is: Send in a referral, get 5 bucks off your next service. "Friendly Money."  But I think we should offer a percentage, like 25% off for both the loyal oldie and the new potential. 

I just don't want to be too still over there at the MOE, because I do love my boss and the flexibilty he and his wife allow, and part of the love is that they don't do drugs or create drama. Very important to me.

One good thing about having a "vacation day" yesterday, I wasn't exhausted when I was getting ready for bed.  Habtamu played outside with the kids for a while so I could pout.  Ha!  Thats what I chose to do, but I think he was hoping I'd find other inspiration.  Then he was able to get the grass cut while I sat with the kiddies on the front step.  The neighbor boys are always over when we are outside, last night was no different, so I helped them burn off some energy by playing games and being the hider helper.  You know, I am sure it is only due to the low English level of their Dad that I don't get huge Thank You cards for watching them, keeping the younger one out from under the traffic, and refereeing the brotherly fights.  They so owe me.  Today is a new day.  A rainy new day.  And tomorrow I do have some heads to work on.  Real live heads that come with people attached and wallets in tow.  Yippii!!

Also, the new blogger format...i can't find a spell check. and i really need it. what do i do about that?

I've been wanting to post these photos...so I am just adding them into this randomness!



I saw a very handsome man standing on a park bridge, flower in hand, as the kids and I made our way to the playground this week.  I couldn't resist and said, "This is just like you are making a movie!"  He was so smiley and nervous.  Then I saw the woman walking towards him and a HUMONGOUS smile broke out across her face.  They embraced and talked and then moved to the bench next to this one in the foreground.  Romance lives right there in St Louis Park!

                Miss Independent finding her own way. 
I
Theo investigating new to him vines.
On wednesday evening just before writing "Well."  Golden Valley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

like your idea to get people in for cuts. you should do a halloween special-----crazy hair for costumes or something.
i'm not sure what to do to get people in for mamms. a two for one special?
~ann b.

MindiJo said...

BTW, I really had fun talking to you the other night. Sorry that I chatted for so long- you realize my husband had been gone? Right? Lack of adult convo equals one overly chatty Mindi.

Leanne said...

Dude. How did I miss all this madness? I guess I was on a complete Blogcation, and didn't even realize it. Oh, well, I'm back now and ready to solve all your probs. I wish.

Keep the faith, sister. Muah.

ethiopifinn said...

ann. LOL!!!
Mindi. the chatting was on both ends. oh! i mean you AND me. hahaha.

leanne, seriously, girl! you are not allowed staying away ;)