happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Cautionary Winter Tale

Please don't neglect your bread in this weather.  It might leave you feeling deflated.



My bread was slow on the rise today.  It is a little chilly in this house.  Which is why I turned the oven on, to help the bread along.  But then I realized it was getting late in the day, and decided to bake the bread after the Post Office run.  Hmm.  Should have left that oven on...I guess it got too cold and the yeast got exhausted trying to keep up with the temperature.  Yeah.  We're still going to eat it.  Probably won't show off our sandwiches to anybody, though.






Suvi is still a bit too short to enjoy running around in the snow.  She napped while Theo lollygagged around the yard.  For the first few minutes I sat on the step watching him.  Then I reached inside the door for a bit of warmth and produced my robe.  Held it on my lap for a bit, and soon discovered moving was necessary to stay warm.  Followed Theo around with the camera, until my nose was just too cold.  Dragged Theo in the house--literally--to have some pumpkin cupcakes and hot cocoa.  He's such a little Minnesotan: "Diss is good hot coah-coah."  Long, slow and round on those o's. 

7 comments:

Joni said...

I love the pictures and the description of your day. My husband is in the kitchen and I learned to put a little space in between when that is the case, so here I am learning about your bread. I hope it is tasty!

Julie said...

Good tip about the bread. I haven't attempted homemade for a few months but none of us like the store bought so I should get on that.

Lol! I love the long "O"'s. When Gregory, not yet two, said "Oh Yaaah", for the first time, it sounded straight out of Fargo. It's funny that we don't even notice it but they have to pick it up somewhere, right?

MindiJo said...

Don't be offended, but I laughed when I saw your bread. It looks like mine does when I attempt it. So glad it happens to other people on occasion. Misery loves company, right?

Love your little boys hands around the hot cocoa. (In MN speak) So precious.

Leanne said...

Love the photos; especially that first one!

Anonymous said...

That's what my Nisu always looks like. Grrrr....


-B

Jen H. said...

That looks like my bread!!! I have little yooper kids...my baby says "yaw" like an old finn!

Anonymous said...

Your bread looks better than my attempts. Maybe Theo is a yooper deep down.... hey Ronnie let's go Holiday! Nan