happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the aftermath

It is good that I was continually interrupted yesterday, while conjuring up a post.  Because I was CRABBY!  All day.  Thankfully my Mom came over for a while in the morning.  That cheered me up until I got in my own way again. SERIOUSLY? 
Last night Habtamu went back to class...the anticipation of a long day prevented me from any chance of having a regular ol' pleasant day.  Between work and school (one hour) Habtamu fixed up his own supper, washed the dishes, and got Theo to lay down for his nap. Between 10 AM and 10 PM I baked cookies and boiled my temper.  It just was not the way to start the week. 
So here we are on Tuesday, and the three of us are rested: the kids chipper as ever.  Suvi is insisting that she is a boy, and everyone else is, too.  Theo is reconfiguring his train tracks, narrating as he goes.  I feel that kind of weak you feel after a strenuous day.  Being a be-atch is really heavy work.
I am really looking forward to a change of scenery--we are headed to baby Miriam's house now.  Gotta get my 'tan' garment on, and socks all around.  Have an excellent, mud puddle and pity party free day.  Wihoo!  Automatic Do Over!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's the great thing about a new day....the "do-overs". have a wonderful day, friend!
~ann b.

Julie said...

Thank heavens it's Tuesday! I'm with you there.

And for friends and family, and wonderful, self-sufficient husbands.

Hope today more than makes up for yesterday.

Jan said...

what's a tan garment? or is this a dumb question?

Joni said...

Loved hearing about it:) Hope you are bouyed (sp?) up by some girl time today.

ethiopifinn said...

It has been a wonderful day! I still haven't gotten list worthy things done, but had a great visit with friends this morning.

Jan- it was a facebook reference. the color of my b-r-a. :) I was swinging free earlier today!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when Bad Days and Mondays hold hands?

Glad you made it safely to Tuesday.

-B

Julie said...

Oh, hilarious! I was also wondering what the tan garment was. :D

Jen H. said...

You are right...being crabby can be exhausting. Maybe that is why i am always so tired!!