happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Steve Earle Steve Earle, please write a song for me




I was searching for a bit of inspiration this morning, and when singing a Sugarland song to Suvi, she suggested we listen to the CD.  My baby is so tuned in to her Mama.  She told me she was crabby this morning--she's not, but I was acting rather less lovely and more crabby than necessary.  It was a cue to me to change my story.  Looking for a blog subject, reviewing past entries, Google searches, then it hit me! Steve Earle!  I gotta know a little more about this guy; Jennifer sings about him, I want to know more. 

My research didn't get much further than his website, but it calmed my inner neediness for some creation.  And the girl in the upper right hand corner (a drawing) made me laugh out loud with humored shock.  It dawned on me that I wasn't really in the zone for blogging.  I've been thinking about making a card for my SIL, who has just gone through a draining decision process; I want to send her the card for standing up for herself.  I am so proud of her!  This card has been on my mind for many days.  I am so out of the habit that it is taking me some weird procrastination route to making the card.  It will happen today.  Looking forward to using my paper and scissors.   
***___A MOTORCYCLE JUST DROVE PAST MY HOUSE!!!!___SPRING!!!!!!____***

Now that was inspiring!  Wihoo! Happy Midwest Inspiration Wednesday!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Ima lovn' the emergence of your new story in this entry! Post a photo of the card when you're done.

(PS That motorcyclist is c.r.a.z.y. With all the salt and sand out there...oh, well, gotta give him props for his passion!)

ethiopifinn said...

i had already sealed the envelope when i realized, 'hey, i shoulda taken a photo of this card.'

guess i'll have to work on another :)

i got some clearance scrapbooking paper a long time ago, so i used that. my other tools are in a different spot, so i felt sort of weird while i was making the card at my dining room table. sort of like i'm a bit rusty.

and the biker? crazy fo sho!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Steve Earle!

Ok .. I know I like him .. but why cannot I think of his songs right now. I can hear the beginnings of a tune in my head .. rambling man .. no, that's not it .. papa and guns and whiskey .. shack .. road .. road .. Copperhead Road!

Now aren't you glad I visited and you got to see how my brain works, LOL.

Unless it's a photo card, it takes me ages to come up with an idea. I'm sure your SIL will appreciate the card much!

ethiopifinn said...

i love seeing the process, Lib! I knew I liked him, too, but was sort of at a loss for which songs are his, too.

I am thinking on how to make my cardy stuff more accessable for me, but still keep it away from my kids. Suvi is a big digger. i used to love to use a photo for the main part of my cards, but these days, my pics are all of my moving children. i did incorporate their pics in the card tho, since i know my sil's true love goes to them. :)

Julie said...

Ha. I was just thinking- did you take a photo of the card?

I was listening to Steve Earle, Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp yesterday. A good day for it.

Love that motorcyclist- wish I was on back.