- you don't have to take on "everyone" else's stress.
- you don't have to fix "everyone" else's problems. they might not perceive the situation as problematic.
- you don't know what tomorrow brings, so stop worrying about it. at 4 in the morning.
- you don't have to assume responsibility if your peer is too afraid to do it.
- you don't have to deliver any messages for her. it doesn't actually help her, since it is important (to you) that "everyone" own her own feelings and opinions.
- you, also, don't have to be angry with her for having a difficult time with change, and her perceptions about the future.
- you don't have to reveal to her your opinion, or even indulge her or nudge her into increasing the energy around her stress by probing or agreeing or clarifying.
- you don't have to listen, but you will.
- you are not, in actuality, your sister's keeper. you are simply her sister.
Please humble my heart. Before You, and to those whom I love so dearly. Open my ears, my arms, and thoughts to You and to those whom I love so dearly. Remind me of my part in fellowship, to be thankful for the gift of fellowship I have received, and to extend myself to those in need of comfort.
Soften my thoughts and words to my darling children, and this day, to their auntie.