- when i am short on sleep, my temper is quick-lite and white hot
- when sharing a living space with others, regular conversation is a must
- when sharing a living space with others, regular conversation is huge
- when sharing a living space with others, regular conversation is critical
- when sharing a living space with others, regular conversation is helpful
- i think you get the picture.
However, it's reassuring and a blessing to be able to call on the resource close to me. You know, the husband kind of resource. Who is, let me be sure to mention, bi-lingual. Unfortunately he isn't fluent in Female (nor I in Male), yet quite fortuitously, he is absolutely fluent in both Amharic and English.
Yesterday I was making wrong assumptions about what the VIP was saying, so I literally ran away from her, out the back door, and flagged Habinero down to translate. Turns out she was just feeling a little down, and worried what I might be thinking of her plan to get a new dress. I squeezed her shoulders and H conveyed my response: Lady, I love clothes and shopping, and I ain't gonna be the one to tell you not to get a new dress. DON'T.WORRY.
It's just a good philosophy in general, the not worrying thing. Lets just try a little thing called trust. I trust we'll keep the words and sentiments flowing freely and with great clarity up in here.