happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

poor muffin, a rambling not for the faint of heart

Suvi and I are sick today.  She woke up around midnight with her first (i think?) stomach bug.  She shares a room with Theo, who slept through the vomiting, and the clean up.  I was relieved he wasn't disturbed.  She had a fever around 2:30, and fell back to sleep until just after 6.  I wasn't feeling too grand myself, figured it was just the lack of sleep.  Until noon, when it became obvious that my darling daughter has infected her innocent mother.  Eew.  Seriously.
Preshie and I are doing a lot of snuggling, and making use of our blankies, but poor Theo. (We used to call him Muffin)  He has had to lay low just because his playmate is not herself, and he's not getting very good meal service either.  I might have been reminded twice that he needs to eat.  Simple foods for him today...thankfully Daddy will be home soon to entertain him.  Okay then.  Back to the couch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, nothing worse than a sick mommy. Get better and I hope hubby is home soon. Nancy

Julie said...

Feel better soon!

Sometimes, when we all are healthy, I have to be reminded to feed my kids lunch. It's true! Ethan will pipe up that he's hungry and I look at the clock and somehow it's after 1:00. Love those kinds of days that fly by but my poor kiddos!.

MindiJo said...

Feel better soon.
Psst: I call my little girls "Preshie", too. Thought I was original. Guess not.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Feel better soon!

mella said...

doesn't sound like that much fun.
except for the
snuggling w/ blankies :)
sending you love!

Joni said...

I love low energy snuggling - too bad it's usually accompanied by bugs! Hope you all feel better soon!