happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

T-2

I am getting really fired up for my weekend away.  And I am not really so worried how it all will go.  Turns out I am only responsible for my own good time.  And turns out the other girls are fired up, too.  So, if you ask me, which I am sure you were about to do, I'd tell you that is a lot of positive energy heading up to the North Shore, kids.  A Lot.

My sister Mari worked at Baker's Square for about 50 years when their kids were really little and they lived so close.  I am pretty sure she was the best server they ever saw :)  Anyway, one of my friends from Cow Town, known to many as Fish, (but not me.  I liked to call him by his name+Boy.  I digress...) worked with Mari.  He once said to me something along these lines: I can tell Mari is your sister because you are both so Bossy.  Ah! It still makes me laugh.  I think my sister is pretty flexible, but when it comes to doing a job, there is just a certain way to do it, and part of that is do it now. And right.  Basically, her philosohpy is git 'er done. Maybe its her way of making sense of the work day, and the tasks at hand.  She told me recently that she still feels a certain push at work (she is in a completely different kind of industry now: she works in the school system), which is sometimes interpreted as Bossy.    I was putting that same, get it done right pressure on myself for this weekend. 

After the T-5 post, I realized that I wanted to control the weekend.  The girls weren't responding to me fast enough, they weren't giving me enough feedback.  I was very concerned about how the minutes would play out with all of that chaos.  But they didn't seem to be feeling chaotic.  They didn't seem to be worried how I was getting up there, when I would need to be back, what I want to eat, how I would sleep, or be entertained.  So why, my fine feathered friends, did I feel the need to ensure their trip would go well?  They already knew it would!  And the details are all falling into place now, when the weekend is closer, more tangible to them.  Easier to solidify the plans when the time to enjoy is here.  Yep, I was being impatiently and emotionally bossy.  You will make your decisions now, you will be having fun.  You will have fun with me. 

Hmm... guess what?  Probably gonna happen in two days. Sweeeet.  Probably gonna start the fun when we meet in Hinkley for coffee.  And then in Duluth for lunch.  And then further up the shore for a few nights of chillin' with my sistahs. and our Mama. Word.
who wouldn't want to yuk it up with these four goofballs?

7 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I am so glad to read this.

Have a fabulous time!

And I am looking at your Twitter updates to the right. Yay - they arrived! I was ordering photos and remembered how much you liked that one. :)

Leanne said...

You're going for a FEW nights?! Dreamy. Enjoy it.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

You will have a blast! Enjoy yourself and have good laughs. Nancy

Anne H said...

Oh, have fun with your mom and sisters! We are planning a sisters trip with our mom and sisters for Mother's Day weekend. They are the Best! I don't know about you guys but when we get there, we just LOOK at each other and start laughing. We know it will be nothing but a weekend of great laughs and times!

mella said...

Loverly!

I have so enjoyed these two posts, and that you shared your process. What struck me the most about what our family of origin brings up is the challenge of the 'acceptance of me by me' and 'letting whatever happens, be' undertone... well, my friend, I am so proud of you for your positivity in these areas, and embracing them with such a great sense of humor! Allowing them to make their own decisions, to have fun, with you. Ha!

Your posts brought to mind that line from Pretty Woman 'If I forget to tell you later, I had a really great time tonight'. Whatever shape the weekend takes, it is a beautiful opportunity...

Joni said...

I'm glad you figured that all out Jenny:) Have a GREAT time!

ethiopifinn said...

thank you ladies!