happiness

LOVE has come for you.

Monday, September 27, 2010

cool water

we spent an hour or so at the park this morning.  we actually got out of the house by 10:30. i dropped a bill in the mail and then one at city hall--i like to have running water and garbage collection. it is a glorious day, and just couldn't go home after our short errands.  we went over to the park.  i love this park--there is sand in the small kids play area, and fun climbing and sliding in the bigger kids area.  we had it all to ourselves.  i know it is good for the kids to meet new little friends, but i am so much more relaxed if i don't have to worry about some strange little urchin pushing my precious darlings off the slide or coating all the hand-holds with the dreaded peanut butter.  i can hold the baby and not my breath.  so it is sunny, and a little breezy, they leaves are changing...this is my kind of monday.
pulling away from Oak Hill, i felt so refreshed.  i usually do feel good after spending some time outside, but this was almost tangible.  like a cool drink on a hot day.  the cobwebs have been dusted from my little head (really, it is on the large side, but compared to the whole of the world, i see it as my little head. {"head. pants. now." i do love mike myers.})  so time with friends refreshed my heart (as does a date night, like last night was), spending time out of the house with the kids playing together so sweetly refreshes my mind.  oh, and the huge relief of money coming in at just the right time eases my breath. what. a.day!!!
suvi has learned to love being behind the lens. (thanks A LOT deanna. ha!)

6 comments:

MindiJo said...

Love the bangs!! You are one hot mama.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Love the bangs. And your day.

Joni said...

I love the bangs! I've been working myself up for some of those for a couple years now...

ethiopifinn said...

joni...be careful. i forgot about the sidewings on my bangs, and you have 'em, too!

Julie said...

Glad you got a date night-- so important! And I'm loving your hair.

Laura said...

I'm lovin' Suvi's pics!