Last night I was browsing through my archives, and just picked a few of my personal favorite posts.
to sum it up
And, I have a question... How do you feel about having an ultrasound?
At the beginning of this swollen nose project, I told myself I wouldn't get one. And then, the OB ordered one, because they do that, and I decided just to go ahead. And I told myself, if they suggest a second ultrasound, I will say "Nope." But now my midwife ordered a second ultrasound, and I scheduled it for next Monday. I had late ultrasounds with Theo and Suvi, too. I think it is for my size. Theo was 7 lbs 13 oz, and Suvi was 7 lbs 3 oz. I had gestational diabetes in my first pregnancy (I successfully managed it with diet, and Theo was not big, nor did he have the large head and chest which is common when the GD is difficult to manage). No GD with Suvi, although I stuck fairly close to the suggested diet (balancing carbs and proteins) during Suvi's second and third trimesters. My midwife ordered a THIRD glucose test after my last visit, which I didn't take, because I passed the first 2 tests. I do not have GD with this pregnancy, although I did agree to order the test strips again, and have been checking my fasting and after meal sugars this week. They are normal, and I have NOT been eating the previous diet. I have had a big jump in weight, and the ol' uterus is measuring high (just like I did at this point in my 2 earlier pregnancies). My feet and ankles have been horrendously swollen for 2 months, but last week the midwife said, "I think this is just how your body does pregnancy." Oh really, but the other measurements that are trending exactly the same way are not?
Because of the way my babies react during the ultrasound, I feel like they don't like it. And I don't know if I am being too...hesitant?...about it, or what the heck. Oh, I was induced a week early with Theo, because if the GD, my weight, and the feeling the OB and CNM had that he would be a huge baby. It was my first experience, and I didn't know what I didn't know. I do not want to have an induction before my due date this go around. It just seemed, in hindsight, that it wasn't the proper choice for me and Theo. Saturday I will be 36 weeks...it would be fun to 'see' the baby, but is it necessary?